BriaCell’s Patented Immunotherapy
Bria-IMT™ (developed from a breast cancer cell line) is a patented (USPTO) immunotherapy approach that directly stimulates the body’s own cancer-fighting cells to attack and destroy breast cancer tumors.
We believe that Bria-IMT™
induces an antitumor response both indirectly (i.e. by providing the tumor antigens for the immune system to recognize) and directly by stimulating the immune system (i.e. further activating T-cells) which boosts the response
Off-The-Shelf Personalized Immunotherapy
Supported by the data, “Matching Hypothesis” resulted in BriaCell’s “OTS” strategy
- We believe our treatment is most effective when the patient’s HLA-type matches the Bria-IMT™ HLA-type
- We are engineering 15 unique HLA types (molecules), collectively referred to as Bria-OTS™, allowing for what we believe will be matching and treatment of over 99% of patients with advanced breast cancer
- Bria-OTS™ involves a simple saliva test to determine the HLA-type of each patient
- Each patient will then be treated with the appropriate pre-manufactured Bria-OTS™ formulation
- Similar cell lines in development for prostate cancer, lung cancer, and melanoma
- Preclinical models for prostate cancer, lung cancer, and melanoma are in development under Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the National Cancer Institute (USA).
- BriaCell Therapeutics Corp. ( Nasdaq: BCTX, BCTXW;TSXV: BCT ) is a clinical stage immunotherapy company developing treatments that boost the ability of the body’s own cancer-fighting cells to destroy cancerous tumors
- Our lead drug candidate is Bria-IMT™. Our clinical program targetsthird-line advanced breast cancer which causes over 40,000 deaths per year in the U.S. alone.
- 35 patients have been dosed to-date with robust responses seen in predictable sub-groups of patients → Our Phase I/IIa safety & efficacy show similar or superior results to those of other advanced or approved drugs for breast cancer when they were at similar stages of clinical development
- Incyte Corporation (Nasdaq: INCY) → BriaCell has established a corporate collaboration and supply agreement with Incyte
- This is a non-exclusive clinical trial collaboration to evaluate the effects of combination therapies
- Bria-IMT™ + immune checkpoint inhibitors (Phase I/IIa)
- Bria-IMT™ + pembrolizumab (KEYTRUDA®) was initially evaluated in 11 patients → this study then transitioned to combinations with Incyte’s immune checkpoint inhibitors
- Bria-IMT™ + Incyte’s selected compounds are being investigated under the corporate collaboration and supply agreement
- BriaCell is driving toward a Registration Study with initiation of the study expected in 2022 → Bria-IMT™ combined with immune checkpoint inhibitor(s)
- Bria-OTS™: BriaCell is developing an “Off-The-Shelf Personalized” immunotherapy based on patient’s HLA-type
- HLA molecules start immune responses but vary in the population
- BriaCell’s preliminary data suggests that patients who match Bria-IMT™ at one or more HLA “types” are more likely to have clinical benefit.
- This has led to the development of Bria-OTS™, where the cells have been genetically engineered to match the HLA type of more different patients.
- BriaCell is extending this technology to other types of cancer (prostate cancer, lung cancer and melanoma).
- This technology is being evaluated in a Collaborative Research and DevelopmentAgreement with the National Cancer Institute (part of NIH)
- CEO Dr. William Williams has been involved in 11 prior drug approvals