BriaCell’s Patented Immunotherapy
Bria-IMT™ (developed from a breast cancer cell line) is a patented (USPTO) immunotherapy approach that directly stimulates the body’s own cancer fighting cells to attack and destroy breast cancer tumors.
We believe that Bria-IMT™
induces an antitumor response both indirectly (i.e., by providing the tumor antigens for the immune system to recognize) and directly by stimulating the immune system (i.e., further activating T-cells), which collectively boosts the body’s response.
Off-The-Shelf Personalized Immunotherapy
Supported by the data, “Matching Hypothesis” resulted in BriaCell’s “OTS” strategy.
- We believe our treatment is most effective when the patient’s HLA-type matches the Bria-IMT™ HLA-type.
- We are engineering 15 unique HLA types (molecules), collectively referred to as Bria-OTS™, allowing for what we believe will be matching and treatment of over 99% of patients with advanced breast cancer.
- Bria-OTS™ involves a simple saliva test to determine the HLA-type of each patient.
- Each patient will then be treated with the appropriate pre-manufactured Bria-OTS™ formulation.
- Similar cell lines in development for prostate cancer, lung cancer, and melanoma.
- Preclinical models for the Bria-OTS™ technology are in development under a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) in the U.S.