BriaCell’s Patented Immunotherapy
Bria-IMT™ (developed from a breast cancer cell line) is a patented (USPTO) immunotherapy approach that directly stimulates the body’s own cancer fighting cells to attack and destroy breast cancer tumors.
We believe that Bria-IMT™
induces an antitumor response both indirectly (i.e., by providing the tumor antigens for the immune system to recognize) and directly by stimulating the immune system (i.e., further activating T-cells), which collectively boosts the body’s response.
Off-The-Shelf Personalized Immunotherapy
Recently awarded patent by the USPTO, and supported by clinical data, “Matching Hypothesis” resulted in BriaCell’s “OTS” strategy.
- We believe our treatment is most effective when the patient’s HLA-type matches the Bria-IMT™ HLA-type.
- We are engineering 15 unique HLA types (molecules), collectively referred to as Bria-OTS™, allowing for what we believe will be matching and treatment of over 99% of patients with advanced breast cancer.
- Bria-OTS™ involves a simple saliva test to determine the HLA-type of each patient.
- Each patient will then be treated with the appropriate pre-manufactured Bria-OTS™ formulation.
- Similar cell lines in development for prostate cancer, lung cancer, and melanoma.
- Preclinical models for the Bria-OTS™ technology are in development under a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) in the U.S.
BriaCell Therapeutics Corp. (Nasdaq: BCTX, BCTXW; TSX: BCT) is a clinical stage immunotherapy company developing treatments that destroy cancerous tumors by boosting the body’s own cancer fighting cells
- Our lead drug candidate is Bria-IMT™. Developed by Dr. Charles Wiseman, and Dr. Alex Kharazi, Bria-IMT™ was designed to treat advanced breast cancer patients (i.e. the cancer cells have spread throughout the body of the patient) who did not respond to chemotherapies including 44,000 American women and men killed each year by this deadly disease.
- Incyte Corporation (Nasdaq: INCY) → BriaCell has established a corporate collaboration and supply agreement with Incyte.
- Currently evaluating safety and efficacy of Bria-IMT™ in combination with Incyte’s immunotherapies.
- Bria-OTS™: BriaCell is developing an “Off-The-Shelf Personalized” immunotherapy based on a patient’s HLA-type.
- Experienced Management Team and Board of Directors; Clinical Strategy Team involved in 19 drug approvals