BriaCell’s Patented Immunotherapy
Bria-IMT™, our lead drug candidate, is a is a cell based patented immunotherapy that stimulates a patient’s own cancer fighting cells to attack and destroy breast cancer tumors.
Our data shows that Bria-IMT™ expresses tumor antigens which are recognized and activate by the immune system and activate specific cancer fighting T cells. Bria-IMT™ also stimulates enhanced targeted killing of cancer cells and when combined with a check point inhibitor “releases the brake and steps on the gas” providing powerful anti-tumor activity.
Off-The-Shelf Personalized Immunotherapy
Our next generation off the shelf personalized immunotherapy. Bria-OTS™ was a recently awarded a patent by the USPTO, and supported by clinical data forms the basis of our “Matching Hypothesis” BriaCell’s “OTS” strategy.
- We believe our treatment is most effective when the patient’s HLA-type matches the Bria-IMT™ HLA-type.
- We are engineering 15 unique HLA types (molecules), collectively referred to as Bria-OTS™, allowing for what we believe will be matching and treatment of over 99% of patients with advanced breast cancer.
- Bria-OTS™ involves a simple saliva test to determine the HLA-type of each patient.
- Each patient will then be treated with the appropriate pre-manufactured Bria-OTS™ formulation.
- Similar cell lines in development for prostate cancer, lung cancer, and melanoma.
- Preclinical models for the Bria-OTS™ technology are in development under a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) in the U.S.
BriaCell Therapeutics Corp. (Nasdaq: BCTX, BCTXW; TSX: BCT) A clinical stage immuno-oncology company that is developing an entirely new class of targeted immunotherapies to transform cancer care
- Our lead drug candidate is Bria-IMT™. Developed by Dr. Charles Wiseman, and Dr. Alex Kharazi, Bria-IMT™ was designed to treat advanced breast cancer patients (i.e. the cancer cells have spread beyond the breast) who did not respond to chemotherapies.
- Over 40,000 American women and men killed each year by this deadly disease.
- Check Point Inhibitors (CPIs) work by neutralizing a patient’s own immune suppression that may be clocking the killing of cancer cells.
- Combining Bria-IMT™ with a CPI may significantly increase a patients own immune system cancer fighting ability.
- Incyte Corporation (Nasdaq: INCY) → BriaCell has established a corporate collaboration and supply agreement with Incyte.
- Currently evaluating safety and efficacy of Bria-IMT™ in combination with Incyte’s FDA approved check point inhibitor.
- Bria-OTS™: BriaCell is developing an “Off-The-Shelf Personalized” immunotherapy based on a patient’s HLA-type.
- Experienced Management Team and Board of Directors; Clinical Strategy Team involved in 19 drug approvals.